The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 03:23:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Lightroom
| | |-+  Imported DNG's don't display Camera Raw adjustments
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Imported DNG's don't display Camera Raw adjustments  (Read 1888 times)
Garth Wunsch

View Profile Email
« on: February 08, 2011, 12:09:22 PM »

Workflow:
Imported images, card to HD, opened in Bridge, renamed etc, opened in Camera RAW and created final images. Converted to DNG, imported into LR3. Images do not display in LR3 with Camera Raw manipulations and when exported as jpeg's, the they also don't have the rendered files, just a conversion of the RAW image. I think I'm missing a check the checkbox someplace???

Nikon D700, iMac OSX 10.5.8, LR3
Thanks
Garth
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:52:09 PM »

How exactly did you convert to DNG, Garth? Through ACR? That should save the adjustments into the DNG, which should then be read by LR. You're not applying a Develop preset which resets the adjustments, are you?

John

Garth Wunsch

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »

Hi John... I used Adobe's DNG converter. I'm new to LR, but I don''t see where there are any presets enables. It's like the little files are missing to tell the image how it is supposed to look. When my EM2 catalog corrupted and lost 2,500 images, it also said some of the metadata may be missing from the other 22,500 images that were left and I should go check each one out... yeah right! It seems like the metadata might be missing from all of them. OUCH! They come in looking fine, and then as I scroll them across the bottom of the screen they go BLAHHH. How's that for high tech terminology? Cheesy I am importing the images from the "corrupted " catalog. I think I have to bring all 55 DVD's in from their offsite storage and use them to rebuild the  LR catalog and replace the source files.
Garth
Mathew Farrell

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »

Ah, that sounds like you might be writing metadata to one place with ACR (eg, sidecars, or a central cache), then looking elsewhere with LR. I haven't looked into or thought about this problem too much, but if you still haven't figured that out, I'd explore that route.

Mathew Farrell
Flowstate Photography
photography.flowstate.com.au
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: