The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 03:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Choosing Software/Other DAM Applications
| | |-+  Advantages of IDimager over EM?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Advantages of IDimager over EM?  (Read 2315 times)
marliz

View Profile Email
« on: February 04, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »

I am a rare bird: switched from Mac to Windows. I am trying IDimager along with Expression Media. Have a large number of image file formats that Lightroom won't work with. So far I've imported almost 100,00 images into IDimager; more into Expression Media.

It was necessary to breakdown the folder imports in IDimager because it choked on the complete directory. Expression Media imported all and more quickly than I expected.

Expression Media is much faster than IDimager (reading thumbnails and importing - haven't tried other features yet).

I know IDimager is a powerful database. Maybe more powerful than I need. I know it handles a larger number of files: supposedly unlimited. Can you tell me what other features IDimager has that EM doesn't? This will be an expensive decision!

Thanks for advice!
Peggy
george

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »

Hi Peggy,

Are you 3bells on the IDimager forum?  In any case, I suggest you ask over there.  Several former Iview/EM users (I've never used either) hang out over there and may be able to give you more info.

--George
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: