Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Funtion 'Reset Folder Path' not changing name of Volume-Label & Drive-Letter
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 02:29:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Funtion 'Reset Folder Path' not changing name of Volume-Label & Drive-Letter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Funtion 'Reset Folder Path' not changing name of Volume-Label & Drive-Letter  (Read 2464 times)
snah

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:10:57 PM »

Hello,

Recently I have upgraded my computing environment from XP to Windows7 64-bit.

After moving my ExpressionMedia2 catalogs to new disks (with a new volume labels and different drive letters), I observed that the catalog can be read properly, but when updating a folder of that same catalog that folder is recreated on the very top of the exisitng listing of catalog folders.

To prevent this from happening one has to use the functions 'reset folder path' and 'rebuild item'.
Doing this works fine - but for the current session only.

Upon restarting EM2 and reopening that catalog (it has been saved before exiting the previous session) again and updating a folder in that catalog the selected folder is recreated on the very top (as mentioned in the beginning).

I found this rather strange and my investigation revealed that EM2 writes disk specific information like the name of volume label plus its drive letter plus some number of that disk into the catalog. For example like this: I 2023414452 CT-2008
(I = drive letter, some number, the volume label)

For some reason the function 'reset folder path' does not update this information with information from the new disk which is on drive K, with some other number and volume name 'LL-2008'.

How can this be corrected?

I cannot believe that that catalogs and/or images cannot be moved to other disks - that owuld not make any sense.
So the problem must be somewhere else, but where?
Possibly some permissions, even though the user-account has administrator privileges.

Your feedback is highly appreciated, thanks.
Hans.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: