Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
"Move/Copy Annotations" script problem
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 02:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  "Move/Copy Annotations" script problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "Move/Copy Annotations" script problem  (Read 4007 times)
syncrasy

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:35:20 AM »

I recently scanned a large slide archive, entering slide mount info into the Title field. I'd like to use the "Move/Copy Annotations" script to copy the Title field to another field. But when I try this script on one sample image, I get a spinning beach ball for a minute or so, and when the beach ball stops, there are no changes to the annotations. The script I'm using is written for English and French languages and is dated March 21, 2004. I opened it in the script editor and noticed this reference to iView:

Code:
property Generic : "tell  window 1 of  application \"iView MediaPro\" to "

The term "Expression Media 2" is also used elsewhere in the script, so I assume the script is OK, but, as an experiment I tried changing this code to:

Code:
property Generic : "tell  window 1 of  application \"Expression Media 2\" to "

This version didn't work either (although it got rid of the spinning beach ball).

Any thoughts? Is there a better script available?

--Mark

Nikon D300 | Nikon Capture NX 2 | Photoshop CS2 | Expression Media 2 | Mac Pro | Mac OS 10.6.8 | 10GB RAM
syncrasy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 09:45:11 AM »

Well, I managed to find/modify a John Beardy script that will get the job done. For example,

Code:
tell window 1 of application "Expression Media 2"
set MediaItems to selection
repeat with TheMedia in MediaItems
select TheMedia
set transmission of TheMedia to headline of TheMedia
end repeat
select MediaItems
end tell

But does anyone know how to modify the original "Move/Copy Annotations" script to get it to work in EM2? (I believe it was written by Daniel Robillard back in the iView days.) It's a nice script in that you can choose any 'copy' and 'destination' field.

--Mark

Nikon D300 | Nikon Capture NX 2 | Photoshop CS2 | Expression Media 2 | Mac Pro | Mac OS 10.6.8 | 10GB RAM
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: