Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Goodbye EM2
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2019, 07:54:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Goodbye EM2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Goodbye EM2  (Read 6597 times)
Garth Wunsch

View Profile Email
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »

EM2 has just added "the last straw". I was in the process of "converting" a few images, which I have done many times. Up comes a warning that EM2 has detected a problem with the catalog and is attempting to recover it. After the dust settled, I'm informed that 2,500 images (out of 24,000) could not be recovered, and some metadata may be missing from the recovered files and I should examine each one individually., AS IF! I think I have the entire catalog on DVD's. I've been pretty diligent about creating them. All of the catalog sets have also been wiped out - no names whatsoever, but I do have the keywords still intact. Each time I access the catalog, I'm getting the same message and the same recovery process. There is a Cancel button, but it doesn't work. This is a #%#@$$#@ inexcusable disaster. Anyone else have this issue, or any thoughts as to how I might recover the entire catalog and catalog sets? Thanks
Garth Wunsch
roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 08:13:44 PM »

Hi,

Only from the last back up of your catalog. PITA and I've been there too.

FWIW all databases can will eventually corrupt whether the app is Lightroom, Portfolio, whatever.

-- Robert.

Paul_S

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 04:59:34 AM »

Hi,

Only from the last back up of your catalog. PITA and I've been there too.

FWIW all databases can will eventually corrupt whether the app is Lightroom, Portfolio, whatever.

-- Robert.

+1

My catalogue databases are kept in the My documents folder which is backed at 5.00 pm every day by free backup software and therefore I never lose more than one days work, you mean to say you have not taken this simple precaution?  Shocked

JoeThePhotographer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 08:56:10 AM »

Did you lose the actual files or just the catalogue?
billseymour

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 02:29:35 AM »

Also- If you have been Sync Annotating your metadata to the original media files, you can at least begin to reconstruct a new catalog with that metadata. (I believe that PNG files would still be a problem, since metadata is not written to them.)
billseymour

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 02:30:51 AM »

(forgot signature!) --Bill
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: