The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 06:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28021 Posts in 5141 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Keywords and Controlled Vocabulary
| | |-+  Is there any way to export metadata templates saved in expression media
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is there any way to export metadata templates saved in expression media  (Read 2142 times)
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2011, 02:38:23 AM »

I notice within expression media there is a vocabulary editor, but I would like to know if there is a way to export as some kind of text file, or be able to import these meta data templates into something like MS word or excel.

I ask because they seem to be just within the program of expression media, but the problem I ran into was my hard drive crashed, & among all my software to reinstall, I had to reinstall expression media, but I had lost all those words & meta data templates, I had to start over again. This is why I would like to have them on hand as a text or ms word document or excel file, so if I have to do a fresh install of expression media, I will be able to get my keywords etc again.

I know I have asked this before, I think I asked in the expression media section, but I had no replies, surely someone knows what I mean.

Sossity
markpirozzi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 08:06:15 AM »

This may be of some help until you get a more complete answer. When you have the Vocabulary editor open (mine was set to Default > Keywords), there is a button in the upper right hand corner. When I clicked it, it opened up the Finder (Mac) to the Vocabulary folder containing the Default Vocabulary folder which contained the text file for the keyword field for instance.  The keyword file was a text file which could be backed as is and also edited out side of EM.

I'm not sure how to import all the keywords from this file at once, I just see how to do it one word at a time.

Mark

Mac OSX 10.7, 2009 MacPro
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: