Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ImageIngester Version 3.5.01 for Windows supports PTP
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 06:52:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  ImageIngester Version 3.5.01 for Windows supports PTP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ImageIngester Version 3.5.01 for Windows supports PTP  (Read 5694 times)
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:38:32 PM »

Version 3.5.01 is now available for Windows, but note that PTP will not work on XP.

On both platforms, starting with 3.5.x, the default macro for all of the built-in folder and file naming drop-down choices is "DateTimeAny" instead of "DateTime", so the date and time will come from EXIF data if it's available, in preference to the modification date of the file. DateTimeAny has for a long time been the recommended macro (over DateTime), but on OS X with PTP, files don't have a modification time, so DateTimeAny is especially important. (In the absence of a file modification time PTP on OS X uses the current time.) See the User's Manual for a full explanation of DateTimeAny, DateTime, and the other date and time macros.

This is a change only to the defaults if you use the drop-downs or have a brand new installation of II. Any folder and file naming you've already set up will be unchanged.

--Marc

Roger Spencelayh

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 06:19:55 AM »

Thanks for the update Marc.

I currently have version 3.4.10. If I download the new version, can I install it over the existing version, and will it automatically pick up my existing registration code, or do I have to buy a new registration for the new version?

Roger
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:32:32 AM »

No need to re-register, Roger. All your presets will be picked up, too. And, if you find any problems with 3.5.x, you can go back.

--Marc

Roger Spencelayh

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 01:40:26 PM »

Thanks Marc.

Roger
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: