Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
photos not rotating properly other DAM apps for mac?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 01:05:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  photos not rotating properly other DAM apps for mac?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: photos not rotating properly other DAM apps for mac?  (Read 5140 times)
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2010, 11:25:49 PM »

I have noticed from other threads & some of my past questions that it seems expression media does not run that well in mac os snowleopard.

I have encountered a new quirk or problem, when I am using expression media on my mac, to rotate vertical jpgs upright, it seems to do it. Then I plugged in my external hard drive into an older PC with expression media on it, & the photos were showing up sideways in windows explore as though they were not rotated. So I open them up in expression media on the pc & they showed up as rotated upright even though in windows explore they were not. So I rotate them again & then look at them in windows explore, & they are showing up rotated. After doing this, they finally show up rotated upright in both windows explore & expression media on the PC.

are there any other DAM apps that work reliably on the mac? I have expression media to be a bit quirky, it was quirky on a PC, & compensating for its quirks is slowing down my work flow, I have up to 100+ or more photos at a time to download & I do not have time for quirks, I need something reliable & consistent.

I may be getting Adobe CS5 along with other Adobe programs at student discount pricing. I notice among them is bridge,

can bridge be used as a down loader & DAM for the mac? as an all in one program? can bridge batch rotate, batch rename & rate both RAW & jpgs?

Sossity
rod barbee

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:54:43 PM »

Bridge is more of a browser. It's not really a DAM application. But it will rotate images and you can add ratings and metadata.
Lightroom would be, by far, a better choice than Bridge as a DAM application. If you want to dump EM, that is. Don't know that Lightroom is as robust a DAM app as EM is, but it's got a lot of good features.

rod
Sigi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 05:09:35 AM »

Hello Sossity,

you have 3 options in EM to rotate a thumbnail - see User manual page 26

1. "Soft" rotation - will rotate the thumbnail but NOT the file itself. This is done with the rotate buttons in the far-right side of the Header
2. Lossless .jpg rotation - will rotate the original file
3. Precision rotate - in the Image Editor

Siegfried
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 04:40:43 AM »

I have iview media pro 3 & expression media 1.0, when I went in to rotate, all I see is to just rotate, I do not see these 3 options

Sossity
rod barbee

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:16:06 PM »

did you check the manual? The "soft rotate" is in the upper right part of the Thumbnail view area. You'll see two rotating arrows.
The lossless rotate is under the Action Menu in the menu bar.

rod
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 01:48:00 AM »

I have been using the loss less rotate the actual file through the action menu, so it should have done it but it had not when I plugged in my external hard drive in windows after using it with expression media on my mac.

Sossity
Roelof

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 04:36:53 AM »

And when you rebuild the concerning items?
Roelof
Sigi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 11:10:12 AM »

I have iview media pro 3 & expression media 1.0, when I went in to rotate, all I see is to just rotate, I do not see these 3 options

Sossity

Hello,

I do not know EM 1.0 - I am talking about EM 2.0 SP 2.

Siegfried
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: