The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 12:03:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28003 Posts in 5130 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  DNG
| | |-+  Batch rename .dng to .crw
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Batch rename .dng to .crw  (Read 1844 times)
wkmacy

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2010, 08:06:25 PM »

I have been using a Canon A720IS in a Canon underwater housing along with Canon CHDK to obtain raw digital images as well as the usual jpgs. My problem is this: I chose to have the raw files output with the DNG file suffix rather than Canon-specific CRW. Now I have the problem as I am managing my catalog (Expression Media 2 , Adobe DNG Converter, and  Photoshop CS5) of easily distinguishing the raw "dng" files from the converted "real DNGs". Batch rename in EM2 doesn't change the file suffix. I would like to change all the raw files labelled DNG to CRW. Then the confusion vanishes. Any ideas appreciated, but be warned I am not a competent script writer!  Thanks in advance, Bill
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 02:20:58 AM »

Thinking aloud, if you've added a lot of metadata in EM, you could save it back to the files (skip if you've little metadata applied to those files). Then use Bridge to rename the extensions and re-import the files into EM. Does that work?

John
wkmacy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 07:16:13 AM »

Thanks John for the speedy response. I'll give Bridge a try and post the outcome. Best wishes, Bill
wkmacy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 07:48:40 AM »

Thanks John. Bridge does the trick. Many thanks and appy Hoidays.

Bill
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: