The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 04:58:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28003 Posts in 5130 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  RAW File Converters
| | |-+  Adobe Lens Profile Downloader
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Adobe Lens Profile Downloader  (Read 2307 times)
piratejabez

tanuki86
View Profile Email
« on: December 10, 2010, 06:32:50 PM »

I'm curious to know what people think about Adobe's new corollary to their Lens Profile Creator the community-oriented Lens Profile Downloader. Has anyone used it? What do you think of it? Are people even aware of it?

I think it has great potential. Adobe's been trying to play catch-up after releasing the Profiler (profiles are time-consuming to make, and there was no clear or easy way to request profiles from Adobe or the larger community).

However, it definitely feels a little half-baked. The need for selecting a profile based on the camera model is was built with is slim (if I am a D300 owner, I am equally interested in profiles created with the D90 or D300s, as well as the D7000 and so on). More importantly, there's no field for LENS MAKE. Hello? This means that if Nikon/Canon/Sony, Sigma, Tokina, and Tamron all make a 12-24mm lens, there's no easy way to figure out which one the listed profile is actually for. More oddities: Apple listed under Camera Make? And a random half of the brands' names in full uppercase?

Here's the info we need when selecting a lens profile for RAW conversion:
  • Camera Make
  • Lens Make
  • Lens Model
  • Crop Factor
  • RAW or JPEG (do people use lens profiles for JPEG correction?)
  • Camera Model (only necessary for JPEGs or if crop factor is unknown)
  • Profile Creator
  • Profile Creation Date
  • User Rating & Comments

Anyone else interested in this utility?

Cheers,
Cory

coryschoolland.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: