The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 09:50:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28020 Posts in 5140 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  DNG
| | |-+  Can PS5 save to DNG?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can PS5 save to DNG?  (Read 2463 times)
Mike Yang

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2010, 03:43:17 PM »

Greetings,

I have some photos that I are under-exposed and in DNG format. I typically correct this by dragging the white slider in the histogram to the left. However, I see no way of doing this in ACR. I found that I can open up the DNG file in Photoshop and use the slider to correct my under-exposure. However, now I don't see any option to save the file back to DNG format.

1) Is there anyway that Photoshop can save to DNG format?  If not, then what is the philosophy behind that?
2) What is the recommended method to correct for under-exposed photos in DNG format using either ACR or PS?  (I know I can use the "Exposure" slider in ACR but I find that to be less "clean" than the histogram slider in PS)

thanks!
Mike
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 11:31:17 AM »

What does "less clean" mean? I would use Exposure, maybe Recovery to keep the highlights restrained, holding down the Alt/Option key to see if anything is burnt out. Also Brightness, for lifting all the tones without losing your blacks or blowing the highlights.

See my reply to your other post too.

John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: