Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Image Ingerster version 3 on i7 macbook pro loading SDHC card very slowly
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2020, 11:14:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Image Ingerster version 3 on i7 macbook pro loading SDHC card very slowly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Image Ingerster version 3 on i7 macbook pro loading SDHC card very slowly  (Read 5776 times)
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2010, 03:55:40 PM »

I am trying the trial version of image ingester  the newest version 3 on my macbook pro 2010 i7 running mac os snowleopard 10.6.3.

I wanted to review the thumb files of the card content because I often want to pick out the files to download. I pressed thumbs to view the files, there are about 100-400+ images & some video files on the class 4 SDHC SD memory card. When I tried to open the thumb views, the progress window opened but it seemed to lock my laptop, I got "the spinning beachball" that people refer to when a mac hangs up. It seemed like it was stuck before even started, if the progress was going to happen, it would take hours.

I tried loading & previewing this same memory card with mac os x's native image capture, & it opened up the files without this trouble, even expression media can load content off it.

I contacted Marc Rochkind, & he replied that there maybe a problem with the memory card or my computer system. He said that that amount of images should not be causing this hangup. But if there was a system or card problem, why is image capture able to open up & view the card content? when slip the card into the mac's sd slot, it is recognized.

On a side note, about a week ago, I had this memory card in my camera & while taking a photo, all of a sudden the camera freezes, after pressing the shutter button, the screen went blank, I tried to power down the camera but I could not get it to respond, it was stuck with the lens out. So I left it on & put it away in my bag as I had to be somewhere & did not have time to fool with it. When I got back to my car, the camera lens had retracted back into the body.

I asked about this in another forum, & was told the battery was the problem, & it was drained. I thought I had just charged it, but I was told the battery meter on my camera was not accurate. So I recharged my camera battery, & have used it again, & so far so good.

I am telling about this incident because, I wonder if the memory card might be faulty, & possibly why image ingester is having a problem with it.
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 03:57:44 PM »

signed,

Sossity,

oops, sorry forgot to sign my post
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 04:25:35 AM »

Bumping thread, so none has ever had this problem, or has any idea or can give me a clue?

Well if there is no answer, I am so far somewhat disappointed in this program, I thought it was a good one since alot of pro photographers seem to use it. I cant believe I am the only photographer in the world who is having difficulty getting the mac version of imageingester pro to load thumb files from a class 4 SDHC memory card. I like to see & choose my content before downloading.

This is a problem because I notice alot of DSLR's use sd cards now, & the Nikon DSLR I just bought uses them, & I will not be able to use them with this "pro version."  Ah well, I can always just boot windows 7 from my virtual machine on this mac to run downloader pro. I was hoping I culd find a good simple downloader DAM program for the mac.

if this is any help some background info; using a macbook pro i7 running snowleopard 10.6.3, using a san disk class 4 SDHC card.

Sossity Corby
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: