Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Importing an Aperture Library.
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 07:17:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Importing an Aperture Library.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Importing an Aperture Library.  (Read 2646 times)
tendim

5976607 tendim240sx@hotmail.com tendim
View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2010, 07:28:28 PM »

When iView was sold to Microsoft I made the jump to Aperture, which at the time I thought was a wonderful idea:

• I'm on a Mac, I might as well use Apple products.
  • Historically speaking, I had had nothing but bad results with Microsoft products.
  • Aperture was the latest and greatest.

Well, it's been a while now.  Aperture 3 doesn't even work on my platform anymore (Quad G5 that I purchased at the time only for Aperture 2), and Aperture 2 has become dog-slow with the number of images in my growing catalogue.  When I heard that PhaseOne bought Expression Media I decided to make the jump back.  I'm currently trying out EM2 in demo mode (30 day demo) and it's like seeing an old friend -- I'm already happy with the return of the former interface, and the speed compared to Aperture 2.

However, having worked in Aperture for a few years all of my catalogs and albums are in that application.  Is there any way to import the catalog from Aperture into EM2?  Or am I stuck redoing everything?

Thanks,
-10d
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:34:12 PM »

For master files, you can use File > Export as Masters, checking the box to include XMP sidecars.

For non-masters like TIFs, export versions.

I'd recommend testing this first - I may have forgotten a detail.

John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: