The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 02:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28031 Posts in 5146 Topics by 2907 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Choosing Software/Other DAM Applications
| | |-+  Photo Mechanic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Photo Mechanic  (Read 4070 times)
sharpie

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2010, 05:50:26 PM »

Hi all,
Does anyone have any opinions on Photo Mechanic.  If so, how does it fit in your workflow?
Thanks,
Chris
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 12:16:01 AM »

I don't use it but each time I've tested it I've come away with a high opinion of it - and then baulked at the price tag. It's great for browsing and adding metadata, fast and efficient, but costs more than I'm prepared to pay for a browser.

John
okephoto

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 04:09:36 PM »

I've been using PhotoMechanic for a few years now and wonder how I survived without it before. For me it's the first step in quickly labeling and sorting images. It is also used for all of my keywording requirements and while maybe not perfect it's the best keywording program I have found so far for my needs.

One feature that has tremendous potential is the IPTC stationary pad and code replacement which allows automatic captioning and keywording. While I think it was designed primarily for sports shooters I use it for everything from sports to music festivals and travel.

Yes, it may be expensive for what it does but I shoot 40,000 photos a year and efficiency is worth every penny.
billbunton

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 07:08:39 PM »

I've been using happily using PM for a number of years.  I've considered it very worth the money.

Note that I don't use it any more, but that's because I've switched to medium format, and they don't support the Phase I back I'm using.  If they ever add support (I've been trying to get them to do it for six months now...) I'll start using it again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: