The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 02:38:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28031 Posts in 5146 Topics by 2907 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Choosing Software/Other DAM Applications
| | |-+  mac equivalent of Downloader Pro
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: mac equivalent of Downloader Pro  (Read 3207 times)
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2010, 01:57:50 AM »

I have recently bought a mac laptop, and I have been using Downloader Pro for a while on a PC, & it has worked well for me so far unfortuneately it is PC only, I have looked at imageingester pro, but it seems a little complicated, I watched Peter's demo of it.

Right now, I do not have specific clients, I mostly just take photos for myself, for recreation, & for art reference, & manage some of the content or photos & video content my family shoots. I may get clients later on if I go into photography as a pro, but not just now. Although, I would like the software to be able to grow with me if I do get into photography more. Another thing, when I download my photos, & video files, I like to be able to view the content on my memory cards, & download content based on what keywords I would give to certain photo & video files. This way, if I had more photos with those keywords, they would already be filled out.

My workflow so far has been;

1. Import content of camera card

2. view the content, & create folders on my external hard drive for them to be downloaded to; for example, I would see that my memory card has photos from 10-9-2010 of a day at the harbor, so I would select these & set downloader pro in file>preferences to download them to this directory on my external hard drive; H\Raw_055\2010_10_09_Harbor days. Under downloader pros preferences.

3. In file> preferences, I would assign the file name structure, my name_YYMMDD_filename_CO

4. Then I would go edit> to the IPTC/XMP data area & fill in some basic metadata, for caption;  author, copyright, then some keywords, a category, then origin; location,city,state & country.

5. After I am satisfied with the info I typed in, I would have downloader pro download those selected images from 10-9-2010 to my external hard drive; H\Raw_055\2010_10_09_Harbor days.

6. I would then close up downloader pro, open these images in expression media & rotate any images that were not done automatically in downloader pro, & give ratings to the images, & correct any of the meta data I entered previously.

7. After a Raw "bucket" or in this case after Raw_055 reaches about the 4.30 GB size, I start a new one; Raw_056 & back up Raw_055 to a blank DVD.

Sossity
Sossity Corby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 06:26:34 PM »

bumping thread, nobody has heard of Downloader pro? image ingester seems to have too many things going on.

Sossity
chandler

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »

I'm thinking that so many here are image ingester pro users that there aren't a whole lot of other opinions.  Image Ingester has a lot of bells and whistles but can be pretty simple too if that is what you want.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: