The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 06:48:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28031 Posts in 5146 Topics by 2907 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Choosing Software/Other DAM Applications
| | |-+  Replacing IView Media Pro on Mac with Snow Leopard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Replacing IView Media Pro on Mac with Snow Leopard  (Read 5891 times)
mbed

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2010, 06:21:42 AM »

I have recently had problems with my Mac and have had to reinstall the the Snow Leopard OS which cleans off the computer. Now I have to reinstall my various software but unfortunately will not be able to do so with my IView Media Pro as I don't have a copy anymore and it doesn't work well with Snow Leopard anyhow. It appears time that I will have to change to something else now for my cataloging but I cannot seem to find the right option for use with Mac. I am sure it has been discussed here before but any help that could be given would be greatly appreciated, especially if you chip in Peter.
Thanks
Mike
Jonathan Lipkin

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 05:57:26 AM »

Mike -

I've been using iview in 10.6.4 with few problems. Anyhow, I've heard good things about Extensis Portfolio, but haven't tried it. I think it can be gotten for about $100 with an academic discount.
mbed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 08:09:47 AM »

Thanks Johathan - I would like to keep using IView but I don't have the original disks to install it unfortunately. I will look into Extensis - thanks.
Sigi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »

Hello Mike,

why don't you switch to EM2? I have used it with SL without problems.

Siegfried
doktorwise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »

I second Sigi's recommendation. I don't know if you can get good upgrade pricing, but I was able to upgrade from iView 3 to EM and it works great in SL. Very zippy.

chris
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: