Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
EM 2, Snow Leopard & Media Rendering
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:38:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  EM 2, Snow Leopard & Media Rendering
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EM 2, Snow Leopard & Media Rendering  (Read 2818 times)
bubba5

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2010, 06:18:11 AM »

I use Expression Media 2 and Nikon Capture NX 2. I've just moved from Mac OSX 10.5 (on a G5) to Mac OSX 10.6 on a MacPRo.

Nikon raw files NEF would not render -- they displayed as a generic icon in Thumbnail view and an error message in Media view.

This problem is identified as a "known issue" on the Phase One website. The suggested workaround is to set the "preferred engine" to "Apple".

While this allows images to render in Media View, they render as the original raw file and do NOT show any edits that have been made in NX 2.

One hopes that the issue will be addressed by a future update but, in the meantime, I'm looking for a way to continue to use my catalogue and see the edits that have been made. Any suggestions?

Bob
Mathias L

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »

In PS Camera Raw settings there is a checkbox for Update embedded preview when you're opening DNG:s, and that does what you would want. But I don't know if there's a similar option in NX 2. Anyway it seems it should be in the app that's doing the editing, not EM which in this case is only reading.
Mathias
bubba5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »

In Expression Media you can choose to have images rendered with the "manufacturer's engine" (Nikon's in my case) or Apple's. I had this set to "manufacturer" with Mac OSX 10.5 and everything worked well. Edits made in Capture NX2 showed up in Expression Media.

The problem is that this isn't working right now with Mac OSX 10.6. When an image is rendered with Apple's engine, the edits don't show up. The images don't render at all when set to "manufacturer".

I'm guessing that this is something that would have been fixed by now had Microsoft not been neglecting the program. I'm hoping for a fix in the future. In the meantime, I'm trying to find a workaround so I can see what the photos look like after editing when using the catalog.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: