Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
RAW workflow mess
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:42:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  RAW workflow mess
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RAW workflow mess  (Read 5097 times)
suethomo

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2010, 06:44:54 PM »

Hi - I seem to have created a mess of my workflow and am wondering how other people handle this scenario.   I wanted to work on a number of raw images that were cataloged in different buckets in EM2.   I hence transferred them to a folder on my computer - making sure I duplicated them.   I then did extensive editing on these RAW files.   Now I want to save the changes in the EM2 catalog.   I hence had to re-catalog them by finding the various different locations for them which took some time.  I chose to replace them since all the changes in raw are just settings.   But I wanted them back in the original buckets to keep organized.  Seemed like a long-winded exercise.  It also means I have to keep track of changes for my 2nd hard drive backup since I have made changes to existing files.

What do others do when working on raw images that are already cataloged.
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 02:20:01 PM »

Sue,
What program did you edit the files with?
Peter
suethomo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 03:21:04 AM »

Hi Peter,

I used Photoshop CS5
suethomo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 03:26:53 AM »

Sue,
What program did you edit the files with?
Peter

I meant Adobe Camera Raw when I said PS CS5.   I also created some psd files from the raw ones,  but because they are new files, I have no issues with these.  It is the ones edited in ACR that I am struggling with.

Thanks
suethomo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »

Since I have not had a reply regarding my problem - I will post what I have done - and that is to catalog the modified RAW image again as a file that has a different name (pie tacked on the end of original name).   So I have duplicated my RAW files that I have been working on. At least the names are similar so easy to find in relation to each other.   Not a particularly elegant solution but the only thing I can think of.
Absolute Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 10:38:15 PM »

You need to describe your problem better.

Why did you make copies of the RAW files before editing? What's the use of it?

You have one master file, and then back-ups on external hard drives and/or other hard drives on your Mac Pro.

When you edit the master file, you change the back-ups by copying.

If you want to secure a new shoot, then back it up immediately on external hard drives.

I recommend to use some kind of organizing software to find your file by preview. I use Bridge. I have Expression Media, but it has no color management and shows TIFFs in weird colors - which is why I stopped using it.

Good luck,

Robert
suethomo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 04:44:35 PM »

I dupicated the RAW file because it was on a separate hard drive and I did not want to be connected to it - only to work with the file on my computer
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: