The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 12:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Comments about the book
| | |-+  The DAM Book... In Spanish...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The DAM Book... In Spanish...  (Read 4193 times)
bethany Bandera

View Profile Email
« on: August 07, 2010, 09:06:04 AM »

I really want some of my Spanish-speaking friends to be reading this book.  Ideally, there would be an edition available that's double the length:  The left page in English, and the right page in Spanish.  After some digging, I found that there seems to be a Spanish edition available through random side-vendors on Amazon.  But I can't find a decent image of it and it's twice as expensive.  I think it's odd that the Spanish translation isn't available on Amazon, Barnes Noble, NYC Public Library etc... This is an important book and it should be more readily accessible -

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Bethany
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:50 AM »

Bethany,
That's an interesting point.  I think that the Spanish version is published by an overseas company that may not have purchased US rights for distribution (this is just a guess). 

The Spanish language book appears to be well done.  I have a copy, but I would not be able to tell you anything about the quality of the translation.
Peter
bethany Bandera

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 04:47:59 PM »

Thanks for responding Peter.
Well - I guess we'll just have to buy it and find out.  PS I made book requests with both the NYPL and the Brooklyn Public Library to carry both the English and Spanish versions. We'll see!  PS - If you decided to come out with a side-by-side Eng/Span book - I bet you'd get a LOT of new sales. 

Thanks again~!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: