Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
IIP 3.3.06, PS CS5 and DateCreated issues
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 04:33:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  IIP 3.3.06, PS CS5 and DateCreated issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IIP 3.3.06, PS CS5 and DateCreated issues  (Read 4160 times)
PatrickArnold

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »

Hi

I have been setting up my workflow on a new system and decided to try adding metadata with ImageIngesterPro (IIP). I used Expression Media (EM) in the past due to various issues. I used to set DateCreated using the MM/DD/YYYY format in EM and never had any problems with PS CS4. Now when I set the DateCreated using this format in IIP the metadata I add shows up fine in Bridge CS5 but many fields are missing in PS CS5 file info (including missing EXIF data!).

I know there was an issue with this field in PS CS4 using the MM/DD/YYYY format. Seems like the problem is back - or maybe it just never went away.

I switched to using YYYY-MM-DD and, voila, all my metadata is fine.

Interestingly Bridge, EM and PS all display the date in MM/DD/YYYY format. Wonder if they are silently converting to and from the YYYY-MM-DD format in the file and this is what is messing PS up when IIP enters the literal string MM/DD/YYYY?

Using

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
PS CS5 with all the latest updates
Image Ingester Pro 3.3.06
Expression Media 2 SP 2

Now if I could just figure out where all the JPEG metadata goes....

Patrick.
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:48:12 PM »

Patrick,
The metadata parsing in Photoshop is more brittle than the one in Bridge.
Are you still puzzling over the JPEG issue?
Peter
PatrickArnold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:31:03 AM »

Hi Peter

I suspect the folks as Adobe would clain the Photoshop parser is right and bridge is "lenient" since almost all the specs state that the date filed should be formatted according to the RFC (forget the number.

I figured out the JPEG issue; For me not having an ACR preset during ingestion made the problem go away so now I just apply the preset on Bridge.

Thanks for following up.

Patrick.
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 10:08:36 AM »

Patrick,
No, Adobe does not think that metadata incorrectly entered in one field should break other fields.
Peter
PatrickArnold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 10:26:47 AM »

Hi Peter

Of course you are right. Incorrectly formatted metadata in one field should not affect any other fields...

Patrick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: