The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 10:46:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28016 Posts in 5137 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Keywords and Controlled Vocabulary
| | |-+  Keywording HDR and Pano images
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Keywording HDR and Pano images  (Read 2306 times)
Mattia Panciroli

m.pancio@hotmail.it
View Profile WWW
« on: July 18, 2010, 11:24:19 AM »

Hi everyone, on the dam book Peter shows how he labels pano and HDR sequences using his default label set. I don't understand if he also adds the keywords "HDR" and "pano" (or "panorama") to these images or if he adds this keywords only on the stitched or tone mapped photos.

Thank you

Mattia Panciroli
Reggio Emilia, Italy
ScottBuckel

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 04:27:55 PM »

Mattia -

I'm not sure what Peter does in these cases.  I use color labels to tell then from single images so that I will not toss the odd looking images.

HTH,

Scott

Scott Buckel
Monrovia, CA
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:19:56 PM »

I use the green label for exactly that reason, add keywords such as "panorama" or "HDR", and stack the images too (though I leave stacks open because I want to apply metadata to all items in the stack).

John
Mattia Panciroli

m.pancio@hotmail.it
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 05:19:24 AM »

Sorry guys, but I don't exactly undestood how you manage HDRs and panoramas.  Huh

Mattia Panciroli
Reggio Emilia, Italy
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 07:39:28 AM »

The component frames are kept in the same originals folders and with the same file numbering as other pictures from the day. The only difference is that I stack the components, mark them green (as soon as possible), and add keywords for panorama/HDR/focus blend etc.

When I then make the blended TIF, I save it with a variation of the first component file's name (YYMMDD_1234 Borrowdale panorama.tif" is based on YYMMDD_1234 Borrowdale.dng) and store it in the derivatives folder. It'll have the green label and same keywords.

So if I want to find finished panoramas, I'll just search for TIFs, while the YYMMDD_1234 lets me get back to the originals.

John
ScottBuckel

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 08:17:57 AM »

Mattia - I do the same as John.  So my workflow with multisource file techniques is to import with Image Ingester and bulk keywords are added.  Then I import into Lightroom add keywords for the images, Panos get a blue label while HDRs get a green label.  I stack them.  Then the derivative produced and stored in the derivative folder with the same keywords and labels.

I hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Buckel
Monrovia, CA
Mattia Panciroli

m.pancio@hotmail.it
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 01:00:35 AM »

Thank you guys, everything is clear now. My doubt was to add or not the keywords to the component frames. And if it helps to differentiate in any way, frames from the final image.

Mattia Panciroli
Reggio Emilia, Italy
Chris Bishop

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 03:16:01 AM »

In The Dam Book 2 Peter describes his technique of producing a low res pano or HDR which could be kept on the top of the stack.
Chris Bishop
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: