Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Does EM show "catalog state" (unsync'd files)?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 03:10:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Does EM show "catalog state" (unsync'd files)?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does EM show "catalog state" (unsync'd files)?  (Read 3418 times)
billseymour

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »

Hello again all-

I am re-examining EM(2) with the upgrade via PhaseOne. I've been using iView for most of the past 3 years, finally switching to another DAM after problems with iView on my system. (I never went beyond the first EM, once MS wanted to charge full price and yet had not solved existing EM problems).

My Q: I have made use of a "catalog state" feature on my other DAM program, to let me sync only those files I'd changed during a session. In iView, I would sometimes move away from a changed file, but did not know how to find that particular file again. This presented the problem of unsync'd files, where the only solution seemed to be to sync the entire catalog.

So: Does EM2 have some way to identify those files which are not in sync, so that these files (and only these unsync'd files) can be selected and sync'd?

Thanks for any info.
--Bill
(If this is not a current feature of EM2, it would be a great new feature for new versions of EM.)
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 07:53:48 PM »

Bill,
Not exactly.  But there is a "back" button t the top left of the screen.  That can take you back to the last filter state.

there's also an "Annotated Date", but it does not cover all annotations.  For instance, if you change the locatin, the annotation date will change.  If you change rating, the date will not change.  You can search for "Annotated" in the Find menu item.
Peter
billseymour

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 01:36:55 AM »

Peter-
Thanks for the reply. I tried Find>Annotate, which works fine for identifying annotations made on the given date. But as you point out, this is not the same as a Find for "Unsync'd files", since these same files are selected by this Find>Annotate even after they have been Sync'd. (Which makes sense, since the Find is for "files Annotated" on a date, not "Unsync'd files").

To restate my original post, I think that the ability to identify unsync'd files in a catalog would be a useful feature.
--Bill
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »

Bill,
Agreed.  I find this really useful in Lightroom (particularly in conjunction with the reimport function Lightroom has).
Hopefully Phase One will see this as an advantageous function.
Peter
billseymour

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 05:48:50 AM »

Peter-

Re getting suggestions to PhaseOne, what do you think is the best way to accomplish this? I visit the PhaseOne forum (http://forum.phaseone.com/En/index.php), but I believe this is a User forum rather than a formal PhaseOne maintained site.

Also, do you know whether PhaseOne developers are monitoring this DAM forum, so that discussions here will also be added to the mix?

Thanks. --Bill
(I figure you might also be a source of input, but I am aware that this could well be in the "land of confidentiality". So I am just asking about "best public channels" to send suggestions re EM.)
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 08:24:19 AM »

Phase, as a private company, seems to be a bit looser about these things.  Yes, I'm talking to them.  Everyone in Denmark goes on vacation in the summer, so it's a bit hard to reach folks at the moment.  I'm hoping to get a more focused pipeline for these kinds of suggestions once they get their plans a little more worked out.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: