Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ImageIngester and ACR 6.1
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 03:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  ImageIngester and ACR 6.1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ImageIngester and ACR 6.1  (Read 5363 times)
pmanuel

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2010, 02:26:27 AM »

I am importing NEF images with ImageIngester Pro 3.4.10 on a Mac running 10.6.3. I have just installed Photoshop CS5.

I have an ACR preset which I have asked ImageIngester to apply during import. When I open images imported in this way in ACR 6.1, they are all rendered with the 2003 process instead of the 2010 process. I re-created the preset from within ACR 6.1, gave it a new name and asked ImageIngester to apply this during import - still the NEFs are rendered with the 2003 process. I created several different new presets with the same result.

If I set the ACR/Develop Setting to none in ImageIngester, the imported images are correctly rendered with the 2010 process. In ACR 6.1 I can then successfully apply any preset, old or new.

Can any one reproduce this behaviour? Does any one have any idea how or why this is happening?

Paul
Louie Sherwin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:16:57 AM »

Hi

Are you sure that you are using the latest dng converter application. I usually have to go and download it separately or check your IIP setup and make sure you are pointing to the correct dng converter application there.

-louie

MacOS 10.5 Intel, Photoshop CS5, EM2.0.2 , IIP 3.2, LR3
pmanuel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 01:53:51 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to comment Louie.

I don't convert my images to DNG at any stage and certainly not when using IIP to import. So although I do have the latest DNG Converter (6.1) that would not be impacting on the issue I am experiencing.

To summarise the issue I am experiencing when I use IIP to import my NEFs:
ACR preset applied during import - images open in ACR in Process Version 2003 - incorrect behaviour.
No ACR preset applied during import - images open in ACR in Process Version 2010 - correct (default) behaviour.

Paul
Louie Sherwin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 06:19:57 PM »

Hi Paul,

Oops, I don't know why I assumed that you converted to dng. Maybe because I used to do so that was the first thing that popped into my head.

I now have a similar process to you but with Canon CR2 files going to LR3b2. Import  and rename with IIP from my CF cards to a folder structure created by IIP, applying bulk metadata but not at this time any develop presets. I then import the folders into Lightroom. Without applying develop presets all my images imported this way show up as process version 2010 in Lightroom.

My next guess is that there may be some setting in your develop preset that is specific to PV 2003. I did notice that any of my CR2 files that had develop settings applied before I started using LR3 b3 all showed up as PV2003.

Maybe recreate the preset using ACR 6.1 and try importing with newly created preset and see if that works.

-louie

MacOS 10.5 Intel, Photoshop CS5, EM2.0.2 , IIP 3.2, LR3
pmanuel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »

Louie

Thanks again for your intelligent suggestions. Unfortunately I've tried them all and then some and the issue persists.

My most recent effort was to open an image in ACR 6.1 and set it to Camera Raw Defaults which ensures that all settings are at their defaults AND that PV 2010 is being used. From this state I created a new preset. I then set IIP to import some new images and apply this new preset. Again, when opened in ACR 6.1, these images were in PV2003 instead of PV 2010.

In the absence of anyone coming up with an explanation/solution, my next step will be to examine the .xmp files that IIP creates on import to see whether I can identify what is causing the associated raw files to open in PV2003 in ACR 6.1.

Paul
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 08:07:46 PM »

Paul,
Thanks for bringing this up.  Will address in another thread.
http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php?board=25.0
Peter
pmanuel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 02:00:32 PM »

Thanks Peter,
I hadn't been back to check on this thread for a few days and had almost given up on it.
I haven't tried your solution yet but will certainly be doing so.
Paul
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: