Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
effect of backing up on Lightroom
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2020, 06:46:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Lightroom
| | |-+  effect of backing up on Lightroom
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: effect of backing up on Lightroom  (Read 3634 times)
Mary

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2010, 07:36:57 AM »

Hi all, I recently backed up my photos onto my backups drive(s). After I did that, I noticed that some of my folders within lightroom had gone missing. Any idea why? I had backed up first but had forgotten to sync deletions (using Chronosync)...then I did that, since I wanted my backup to mirror left to right.

I'm scared to back up again...since it took me a while to straighten that out!

Thanks,

Mary

Using MacBook Pro, Snow Leopard, and Lightroom.
patrickcorrigan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:27:22 AM »

I suspect the issue is with the configuration of Chronosync. I am not familiar with Chronosync, but my understanding is that it can be used for backup (unidirectional) or synchronization (bidirectional). Make sure you are set up for unidirectional copying only, or use a backup program that cannot delete files from the backup source.

Patrick
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:29:54 AM »

"I noticed that some of my folders within lightroom had gone missing."

Mary, can you explain precisely what you meant by this phrase? Where could you see this? Have you moved files in Finder - not in Lightroom? Have you tried clicking the question mark in Lightroom?

John
Mary

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 08:36:13 AM »

Oh, never mind. Perhaps I had moved them around long ago in the finder. everything worked fine now. Just getting used to this program. THanks. :: ml

Using MacBook Pro, Snow Leopard, and Lightroom.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: