The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 08:49:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28003 Posts in 5130 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Lightroom
| | |-+  John Beardsworth's Lightroom plug-ins....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: John Beardsworth's Lightroom plug-ins....  (Read 8191 times)
Mathew Farrell

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 07:18:52 AM »

Here's another one for you John:

A way to search out corrupted images, ideally removing them and re-importing them. Renaming, keywords, etc might be a bit ambitious.

As an example, I've recently been finding a bunch of images at random that have been corrupted somehow upon import/convert to DNG (or perhaps at a later date. Hard to say). The easiest solution is to delete them via LR, then import images from the appropriate backup folder (LR's import backup - RAW format, no renaming, etc). I then rename and re-keyword (etc) manually.
The most useful feature would be hunting out and grouping corrupt images.

Mathew Farrell
Flowstate Photography
photography.flowstate.com.au
braver

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 09:54:22 PM »

John -- I've just bought your search-replace plugin.  I've imported a few Pentax DNGs straight from the camera, they have extension DNG and are not validated.  I convert them in Lightroom using Convert to DNG.  Alas, even with the extension set to .dng, they remain .DNG.  I keep them on a case-sensitive Mac OSX drive.  Tried renaming using Headline, there I have correct lowercase .dng, but sample shows Name.dng.DNG, as if it appends .DNG to whatever in Rename Photos!  How'd you go about lowercasing .DNG to .dng?

Cheers,
A+ (Alexy)
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 04:09:49 AM »

Alexy

It's not really possible to use LR's Rename function to change the case. However, you can change the case on import - if you choose Copy or Move in the Import dialog.

So how would this work....

1. Cmd S to save xmp metadata back to the images (though not history, flags, virtual copies, stacking, collections)
2. Remove files from LR
3. Import into LR, choosing Move or Add and setting the File Renaming to the Filename template and lower case

Another thought is about Convert to DNG. Why not look at Metadata > Update DNG Preview and Metadata. THis may get round the validation issue. Not sure.

It's also worth remembering that LR itself should be on a case-insensitive drive and there is a risk if the pictures are on a drive that is case sensitive (you could have both 123.dng and 123.DNG in the same folder). Have you a good reason for this?

John
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: