Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
How to get the new filename into the Title field in Multi-Camera
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2020, 10:22:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  How to get the new filename into the Title field in Multi-Camera
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to get the new filename into the Title field in Multi-Camera  (Read 6691 times)
PatrickArnold

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »

Subject says it all. Anyone know how the get the new filename into the IPTC Title field during a re-ingestion for a multi-camera shoot? I tried setting the Title field to the {@filenameNew} macro but this does not seem to work.

Thanks

Patrick.
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:44:14 PM »

Patrick,
Is there already something in the Title field?
Peter
PatrickArnold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:34:54 AM »

Hi Peter

Not sure but I suspect I did. I fixed the problem by syncing the filename to the title at the same point I sync ratings to my keywords using a script in Bridge.

Patrick.
hneuhaus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 02:20:49 AM »

I am currently trying to understand how to best do multi camera import. I am not 100% sure but the issue here might simply be that II will not change an existing xmp (that is at least what I understood from the user guide). So if you ingest raw files with a "regular" first ingestion and assign them bulk metadata etc, and then reingest for multicamera ingestion II does not update the xmp it created in the first run.
A solution might be to change the suggested multicamera ingestion scheme so that in the first ingestion you do just a pure copy to camera specific folderson your hardisk - no renaming and metadata change at all. Then with the second ingestion you apply all metadata etc but launch this from the multicamera window.

BR,
Holger
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 12:53:18 PM »

Holger,
Yes, you're on to the solution.
I have created a preset for the times I know I'll want to reingest and rename.  That preset does not put the filename in the title field.
Peter
hneuhaus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »

Hmmm ... to get this straight ...

Peter, I understand from your reply that you do apply metadata during first ingestion - which means that for RAW files an XMP sidecar would be created - but leave the title field blank. Then intend to fill this title field in the existing XMP sidecar on the second multicamera ingestion.

But in the User Manual V3.2 on page 45 I found:
If the image to be ingested already has a sidecar, it stays with the image, being
renamed as necessary to keep it connected with the image, and a new sidecar isnít
generated by II. II will not update an existing sidecar.
This to my mind does mean that whenever a sidecar does already exist, it is not changed at all. So not even XMP fields left blank during the first run could be updated during a second run, because existing sidecars are not touched.

Did I understand this wrong ?

BR,
Holger
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: