Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Missing metadata in JPEGs ingested with IIP solved?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2020, 12:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Missing metadata in JPEGs ingested with IIP solved?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Missing metadata in JPEGs ingested with IIP solved?  (Read 4098 times)
PatrickArnold

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »

I have been setting up my workflow on a new system. I ran into the problem that metadata I added to JPEGs during ingestion with IIP did not show up in Expression Media even though Bridge and Photoshop both showed the data as being present.

When I looked at the XML files generated by IIP they included some ACR/Develop settings in IIP that I like to apply to RAW files during ingestion. I tried resetting this to the default value of [none] and, voila, all my metadata entered in IIP shows up in Expression Media now!

Guess I have to make sure that whenever I ingest any cards with JPEGs on them I set the ACR/Develop settings to [none].

Maybe IIP could have a setting to control whether ACR/Develop settings are applied to JPEGs or not?

Patrick.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
IIP 3.3.06
Expression Media 2 SP 2
Lauren Singer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 10:14:19 PM »

Patrick,

I've been dealing with pretty much the same issue.
See post:  http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php?topic=4692.0 / XM2 & II - Metadata and JPEGs - embedded vs sidecar xmp

Skip down to my last post to see my comments.

I am unable to veiw metadata in Expression Media when I use "Merge XMPs", even with the ACR/Dev setting to [none].

Don't know how to find the XML data either.

Maybe you can spot something I've missed,
Thanks, Lauren
PatrickArnold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:27:05 AM »

Lauren

I replied on the other thread. Sorry the fix did not work for you.

Patrick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: