Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
folder name based on file type
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2020, 12:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  folder name based on file type
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: folder name based on file type  (Read 2705 times)
brook66

View Profile Email
« on: June 07, 2010, 01:25:35 AM »

I am still on my trial of IIPro and sort my files in the following structure based on file type (movie or still) as well as year,month etc,

volume/pictures/YYYY photos/YYYY_MM

volume/videos/YYYY videos/YYYY_MM

Now the modern cameras are supporting movie formats there should be a simpler way to ingest them than having to run 2 separate ingestions from the same card. Having the 2 file types buried together is often not easy to deal with on your computer and they are often processed with different software so keeping them physically apart is quite beneficial.

I have found the macro command @extension which allows the file type to be determined, but not named any other way than with the extension (JPG, NEF, MOV etc). this should allow the following type of structure

volume/extension/YYYY extension/YYYY_MM

Is there a way of having determined the extension type you can use a different text, almost like a conditional macro to determine the folder name, so if extension="MOV" then use "Videos" as the text?

Thanks

David B

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 02:54:51 AM »

David,
that's a great idea -I've been fooling around with a D300s for the last month or so, and I feel your pain. 

I suspect that the engineering would be the same as that needed to stack up multiple ingestions in a queue. I think Marc has said that is a bit of a tricky task.  Would be worth a paid upgrade - IIP Multi-media edition...

Just sayin'...
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: