Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Starting with EM
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2020, 01:21:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Starting with EM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Starting with EM  (Read 4251 times)
DakotaWind

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2010, 03:32:07 PM »

I have purchased EM (had an old copy of iView a long time ago and sorry I didn't keep up with it) and want to start using it again.  My biggest problem is I've done all my work in Bridge/ACR and when the raw adj. was all I needed, I left the finished photo as a dng and gave it a label.  Shows up fine in Bridge/PS, but no other program.  So I suppose the best way around that is to open the photos in ACR and do a Save Image instead of Done.  I'll have 2 copies but then EM will read a finished photo.  Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Also, when a photo needed work in PS I saved the layers and the photo as a psd (and not a tiff).  Any issues with keeping them in the psd format?  For photos that were to be sent or shared I made a jpg for the ease of sending.

Everything is backed up in 3 places so if I make a goof, I can locate another copy.

Peter, in watching an older video from you on Lynda.com, you say EM won't read the color coding from Bridge.  You talked about making a droplet, but I have to say, I have no idea what that is or how to do it.  Are there any instructions anywhere on how to have EM read color coding from Bridge?  I'm on a Mac Pro.

Thanks,   

Sue
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 08:04:10 PM »

Expression Media and IView color labels are stored in the "Urgency" field of the IPTC Legacy settings.  I don't recall what number makes what label color in EM but that's easy to figure out.  Just select all of the images with a particular color label in Bridge and put the appropriate number in their Urgency field to give the same label color in EM.

Bob Smith
DakotaWind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Sue
DakotaWind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »

I have the Urgency field showing on the IPTC area on the Metadata window, but it says it cannot be altered or written to.  I looked in File Info and where you make a metadata template, but no Urgency line is there.

If it is not writable, how do you add something to that line in Bridge?

Thanks,  Sue
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 05:50:27 AM »

I have not used editing that field in quite a while.  It used to work for me (CS3 maybe CS4?).  I just tried with Bridge CS5 and I'm seeing what you see.  It definitely hasn't always appeared as a locked field for me.  Let me look around and see if I can figure out why.

Bob Smith
DakotaWind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 08:20:32 AM »

Thanks Bob,

Crazy thing, I noticed a new file of photos that were taken recently has a High urgency attached to it.  I have no idea how that got there. There is also an older file that has the same thing attached.  The older file was processed with LR and the newer one with NX2.  I mostly use ACR/CS5 now for 95% of my processing.  NX2 comes in handy when I just can't get something to look right and I give it a try in that.

Sue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: