Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Phase One CEO on Expression Media 'What's Ahead'
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 07:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Phase One CEO on Expression Media 'What's Ahead'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Phase One CEO on Expression Media 'What's Ahead'  (Read 4591 times)
Warren_B

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »

What's ahead of Microsoft Expression Media?
June 3, 2010

Phase One's CEO, Henrik Håkonsson, in an interview with the British Journal of Photography

http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/news/1652389/integration-phase-one-acquires-expression-media

Warren B.

Butch_M

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:23:23 AM »

That sounds very promising ... thanks for sharing Warren ...
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »

I had a good meeting today with the Phase One team in Copenhagen.
I'm optimistic about the development of the product, although we probably won't see new software being released very soon.  
Peter
damjan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:15:18 AM »

Has Phase One acquired Expression Media only or also Yan and EM team?

Damjan
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:23:05 AM »

It's the product and code that they've acquired. We don't know what's happening to Yan and others (and I'll not speculate on their personal affairs).

John
Absolute Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 12:38:07 AM »

I hope they will also take care of a third group of users:

Those who use EM, but use a different RAW software. While Capture 1 is great, I like DPP's conversions better.

Robert
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 01:44:35 AM »

Robert,
While I don't know what they wiil end up doing, I can say that at the top level of the company, they understand the issue, including the implications that it would have on their user base, if they were to drop such support. I believe they also realize that their position in the market as a trusted partner for professional photographers and others in our ecosystem would be damaged by the removal of functionality that enables cross-application workflow.

Peter
Absolute Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 07:50:45 PM »

Peter,

I'd see such a move as a smart move by Phase One.

While I'm currently using DPP only, I always scan other options - and so do many other professionals.

There's never a final word on one's choice of software.

If they leave DPP support in, they keep me in contact with Capture One. (I just sent in the request for the free update for Capture One 5, and I'm definitely going to give it another look.)

Robert
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 12:47:06 AM »

There's never a final word on one's choice of software.
And you know what I say about DAM being a life of serial monogamy.....

PhaseOne would be crazy to limit the type of files that can be catalogued. I think it's a possibility - in the exchanges I've had with them, they seemed to think that if you couldn't see a thumbnail/preview of a file then it was pointless getting it in iView. I had to point out that even if you could only see a system icon, you could still manage and find the file. But it's always harder to take features away, and I know others have received feedback indicating they would continue to serve iView's existing market. Whether that same loyal user base is still there, who knows?

John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: