Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
LRv3 and CS3 or CS5
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2020, 05:56:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Lightroom
| | |-+  LRv3 and CS3 or CS5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LRv3 and CS3 or CS5  (Read 4257 times)
Chris Bishop

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2010, 08:10:04 AM »

Since the launch of LR I've stopped upgrading Photoshop - the benefits were (for me) in RAW improvements, and LR had those. Now I'm interested in Content Aware Fill, so may upgrade CS3 to CS5 and leave LR and v2. The lens profiles are (will be) in CS5 anyway.
Would LR2 still be able to be used as a DAM application after Bridge ACR work, or should I look to using EM2 - now I have a free copy?
I'm happy with LR2, but it currently does 95% of my manipulation and all my DAM.
Would it see ALL the RAW work done in the DNG? I know I wouldn't be able to tweek the file in LR2 after CS5.
Chris Bishop
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 02:34:37 AM »

Chris,
Your archive is mainly digital camera originals, right?  If that's the case, I'd probably suggest LR3 as the tool since you're happy with it.  Adding other tools to the workflow makes it more complicated.  I think LR3 is the most important upgrade for you, followed by CS5 if you want the content aware fill etc.
Peter
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:29:54 PM »

I agree that Lightroom 3 is probably most important to you.  You can use LR3 with CS3 or you can use CS5 with LR2 but life will be simpler if you keep the versions in sync and use LR3 with CS5.  When crossing versions the scripts that move images between the programs are buggy or simply don't work... and the fact that the develop modules are different can cause issues.  These are not insurmountable problems but the workflow is simpler when its all in sync.

Bob Smith
Butch_M

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »

If you purchase the upgrades for PSCS5 and LR3 at the same time, there is a 30% discount on LR3 ... if that helps ...
Chris Bishop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 07:29:40 AM »

Just bought them both on the deal. Saved 25.
Also 15% discount for LR beta testers.
Not sure if that is off the upgrade price for LR1 or 2 users or the full price for first timers - or either
Chris Bishop
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: