The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 01:38:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28020 Posts in 5140 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Software Discussions
| | |-+  Speech Recognition & Keyword Tagging
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Speech Recognition & Keyword Tagging  (Read 2690 times)
jj

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2010, 03:29:25 PM »

I want to incorporate voice tagging into my workflow. Is anyone doing that now? Anyone have experience with SpeechTags software? There's tagcow.com that uses humans to tag for $.01 - $.02 a photo but all I really need is simple application of speech recognition. Ideally it would be integrated into Lightroom (maybe it is and I don't know about it). All I want is to be able to sit in a chair or on the couch and flip from photo to photo and say simple things like  "John, Sally, Wedding, Cake, Mess ..." and have the files tagged. Windows has Speech Recognition built into Vista and Windows 7 but it looks to be too generalized. I watched the SpeechTags demo and it looks to do what I want. Anyone have experience with it. Other solutions? This seems like an obvious oversight if DAM vendors don't have this. Thanks...

http://www.speechtags.com/
http://www.tagcow.com/

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:06:01 PM »

JJ (name?)
I have not seen anything I like for voice tagging.  I think one problem with this is that you would need to have a good interface for selection of non-contiguous files (tag images 1-6, 13, 16, 22-29 as "bride").  This is fast and easy by keyboard (especially for Expression Media, which has a really nice way to do this), but not easy by voice yet.
Peter

jj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:03:25 AM »

Thanks Peter,
I think voice tagging may be more applicable to the casual photographer. I can envision it becoming commonplace to be able to tag by voice during family slideshows. I may give speechtags a try. I'll let you know how it goes if you have't already looked at it.
Jay Jessen
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: