Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
EM2 catalog 'locked' - can't add any data
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 10:14:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  EM2 catalog 'locked' - can't add any data
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EM2 catalog 'locked' - can't add any data  (Read 2959 times)
Lars Soerink

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2010, 03:04:16 AM »

Dear all,

My 1.7 GB 'master catalog' constantly 'freezes' after working on it some time. Closing, rebooting and opening again does not unlock it. When I create a new catalog all is fine, until the catalog grows and, finally, locks up again. No adjustments can be made any longer.

Am I stressing EM's catalog size too far? I can create a new catalog, import my files and all is OK until this catalog freezes up too.

Any thoughts toward a solution are much appreciated.

With best regards,
Lars Soerink
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »

Lars,
Yes, you are working with a catalog that is too big.  The 1.8 GB limit is not just the catalog, but the catalog and the invisible "changes" file that is stored between saves.

You need to reduce the size of the catalog. The easiest way is to select images and rebuild with lower quality previews.

How many images int he catalog?
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: