Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Peter - about Expression Media
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2020, 09:59:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Peter - about Expression Media
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Peter - about Expression Media  (Read 3626 times)
Butch_M

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:50:43 AM »

I have been using iView MediaPro/Expression Media for many years now. I was very afraid that the acquisition of iVMP by MS would eventually spell doom and gloom ....

Are you privy to any info as to the possible future for EM ... and ... if that future is uncertain and iVMP/EM has run it's course .... what are our possible software options for maintaining archives extending into the future?
DonShreve

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 08:19:50 AM »

I think we ALL want to know. This entire DAM system was built around this software. Now it's just a matter of time until it stops functioning & will become incompatible with the evolution of the rest of the technology we use. VERY disappointing & totally irresponsible on the part of micro$oft to abandon this software for whatever reason.

Don Shreve
Shreve Imaging
Fayetteville, AR
http://www.shreveimaging.com
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »

I doubt if Peter knows any more than I do, and if he did he probably wouldn't be able to say. It certainly is exasperating and there hasn't been a sign of life for some time now.

I'd argue though that the entire DAM system was built around principles, not around whatever software one happens to be using at any point in time. In particular, I'm talking about the principle of metadata being portable so that when the time comes to divorce your current love, you could move on to your next with your data intact. Certainly I think it's time to plan ahead - I know I'm doing so.

John

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »

Check this space tomorrow. (Later today for some of you.)
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: