Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Amod AGL 3080 GPS Data Logger
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2021, 02:53:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  GPS/ Geotagging
| | |-+  Amod AGL 3080 GPS Data Logger
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Amod AGL 3080 GPS Data Logger  (Read 10742 times)
Bill Lewis

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 05, 2010, 02:46:50 AM »

Is anyone using the Amod AGL 3080 GPS Data Logger  http://www.semsons.com/amaggpsdalos1.html  Looks interesting (and cheap) but have seen conflicting consumer reviews.

Bill
natevw

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 09:16:15 PM »

I've been using once since 2008 November, and have been quite happy with mine. A bit large, perhaps, and an odd number of batteries, but it's got a good chipset inside and does exactly what I need without extra bells and whistles to get in the way. I've been recommending it when customers of my Mac geotagging software ask, and even wrote an unofficial guide in hopefully a little better English with some tips I've discovered (http://calftrail.com/support/amod_agl3080_guide.html). Unlike some of the loggers still on the market, this one doesn't need drivers and just shows up like a "thumb" flash drive.

I did have one acquaintance try it and return his, only because the strap interfered with the USB cable and it bothered him. I've not had that problem, so that was a little surprising, but just could be an issue.

hope this helps,
-nathan vander wilt
Bill Lewis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:10:49 AM »

Hi Nate,

Thanks for your input and the link to your unofficial guide, very helpful!

Thanks again,
Bill
dkabat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »

Bill - just saw your post.  I have been using this for a number o years now.  Originally had the logger that attached to the hot shoe.  This was nice and convenient but had 2 problems. 1-cord eventually came apart and 2) what do you do if you use a second body.  I then went to the AMOD and it really shown its value during an almost month trip to Africa.  Since a did not take a laptop this unit was able to retain all of the tracks for the entire trip.  No downloading, no nothing. GREAT!

Highly recommend
Dan
Bill Lewis

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 06:43:07 AM »

Dan,

Thanks for your input. I was waiting to see if anyone had a negative response but after yours and Nate's posts it time to purchase.

Thanks again,
Bill
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: