The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:10:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28003 Posts in 5130 Topics by 2912 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Stuff
| |-+  Scans and Camera Scans
| | |-+  Software for Color Neg camera scans?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Software for Color Neg camera scans?  (Read 4366 times)
BobSmith

bobsmith@mac.com
View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2010, 03:45:37 AM »

I've done the occasional color neg scan with few issues but it generally requires a decent amount of manual work in Photoshop.  I now want to tackle a large library of older color negs.  There must be something out there that batches reasonably well.  Ideas?  Vuescan appears as though it may do this but I haven't tried it.  I'll be shooting with a 5DmkII.  Would love to hear experiences from anyone that's "been there, done that".

I have a lot of experience scanning/handling negs but not in any sort of high volume batch situation (still have an old but still wonderful Imacon scanner).  The vast majority of my early digital work was on scanned neg film.  WAY better resolution from my Pentaz 6x7 negs than my 1.5 megapixel Kodak DCS410  Smiley.  Lots of good "outakes" that were never scanned that I would love to have cataloged in my digital archive.

Bob Smith
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:58:28 PM »

Bob,
Silverfast works on camera scans.  Not a great workflow, but it was the easiest way I could find to get a good positive out of color neg.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: