Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
License key for EM2?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 04:42:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  License key for EM2?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: License key for EM2?  (Read 4242 times)
erikoko

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:10:34 PM »

A few days ago I downloaded a trial version of EM2, because my EM1 was crashing all the time, due to a conflict with a new videocard I had to install.
I was reluctant to donwload EM2 ... But since my whole DAM is organised via EM, I tried to download EM2 anyway  ... And now everything is working fine again. I was happy for a little while.
But now I can't find a product key to activate EM2 ....
If I click on the 'buy EM2 now' button on the EM website (http://www.microsoft.com/prophoto/expressionmedia2/) I end up on a webpage with a product list of the Expression packages of  Microsoft ... But EM2 is nowhere to be found?
I followed the discussions about EM on both this forum and on the Microsoft forum ... and I know that downloading EM2 was maybe not too smart of me ...
But I use this software now for several years (back to the Iview years) and I'm very happy with it ... and moreover ... I don't have the time on this moment to invest the time in another software and to tranfer al my pictures in a new database.

So ... HELP! ... is there anyone who knows where I can buy a serial number (not the package with the DVD, but just a License Key )...
I have 23 days left before my trial version expires ... and then I will be a desperate man.

Erik

Louie Sherwin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 03:06:46 PM »

Hi Erik,

Believe the only way you can get a EM2 license is to purchase an upgrade for $99 from Amazon at this link Expression Media 2 Upgrade.

MS has stopped selling EM from their web site. So you can no longer just get a key via email.

I hope that this helps.

-louie

MacOS 10.5 Intel, Photoshop CS5, EM2.0.2 , IIP 3.2, LR3
John Whittington

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:19:42 PM »

Which is fine if you are in the USA.

If you're in other countries (in my case Australia) you'll have a much harder (impossible?) job.  Amazon won't ship software to Australia and no local suppliers are stocking it.

John
erikoko

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 12:43:26 PM »

Indeed if you life in Europe, then there seems to be no way to get an activation code?
Strange!
Hard to understand, that you still can download a trial version, but that they don't sell any license keys anymore ??

Is there nobody who wants to sell his/her license key ... or is that illegal?

Erik
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 07:19:11 PM »

Erik,
Sit tight for just a little while longer...
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: