Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Upgrade to EM2
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 07:05:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Upgrade to EM2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Upgrade to EM2  (Read 3594 times)
suethomo

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2010, 02:09:01 AM »

I have EM1 and recently downloaded a trial version of EM2.   I then purchased the packaged version of the  EM2 upgrade.  I uninstalled the trial version of EM2 and tried to install the purchased version but it will not install as it tells me I have a newer version of EM2.   So I am left with a paid for upgrade that will not install.   I have done everything I was supposed to do but am left with no alternative but to ditch it since it is non-returnable after being opened.  I notice a few others have had a similar experiences and wondered if there was a solution. 
I am on a Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.2

Thanks
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 08:04:10 AM »

Sue,
It sounds like you installed a trial version that was SP1 or 2 and that's causing a problem.

Do you still have the trial version installed? You should be able to enter the serial number for that.  Alternately, you could download the current version and try to install that.

Peter
suethomo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »

Thanks for the reply.   I have removed the trial version.  However I tried downloading it again to install and enter the serial number as you suggested - however it will now not install either - I get the same message that a newer version already exists and it cannot install.
frankgindc

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »

I had a possibly similar situation, also on a Mac.  I think that EM outsmarted itself with the anti-piracy stuff.  It took a while to solve but here is what I did:
http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php?topic=4582.0

Frank
suethomo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 09:28:47 PM »

Yes I think you are right.  I resolved the issue with the help of Microsoft support (very helpful once you finally get them) and deleted other files scattered around the place associated with EM2 - deleting the cache from the Library (user and Mac disk) and various others.

However the important thing if anyone else is going down this road ie  upgrading to EM2 from EM1 is to not try and delete the trial version if you have downloaded it - just enter the product keys as it is the same application.    If you haven't downloaded the trial version there shouldn't be a problem.

Sue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: