Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Viewing DNG previews
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Viewing DNG previews
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Viewing DNG previews  (Read 2896 times)
suethomo

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2010, 06:53:33 PM »

Can someone please clarify something for me.   I am using EM1 (on a mac)  - I have a DNG file in EM.  I then open it in CS4 (ACR) and change some PIE settings so the photo has a new look.  When I click "done" in ACR the thumbnail in EM changes to this "new look" - however the full size preview does not.   What settings do I need to change in EM.   At present I have ticked the "create full screen previews" and "low quality" under thumbnail and preview settings.   If I rebuild the item the full size preview renders the new look.   Is there a setting so I don't have to rebuild the item all the time to get the full screen preview to render properly?

Hope I have explained the question OK
roberte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:17:51 AM »

Is there a setting so I don't have to rebuild the item all the time to get the full screen preview to render properly?

No. You have to rebuild manually.

-- Robert.

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 09:56:22 AM »

Sue,
If rebuilding the item in EM does not work, then the preview is probably not being updated int he DNG.
There is a preference in the Camera Raw Preferences to "Update DNG PReview".  It needs to be checked, or you need to rebuold the previews manually in ACR.
You need to click the item "Rebuild DNG Previews" in a flyout menu in Camera Raw to replace the embedded preview.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: