Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Bye to EM2, Hello to IDImager?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 01:15:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Bye to EM2, Hello to IDImager?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bye to EM2, Hello to IDImager?  (Read 6369 times)
robcar

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2010, 05:05:46 PM »

I'm about to pull the plug on EM2 seeing how it's being virtually abandoned by MS.  And I plan to move my large catalog to IDImager  (there's a half price deal for EM2 users now and I have a little downtime to work out the snags.) I'll synch all metadata back to the original files first of course and then import in small chunks. 

Before I undergo this reluctant divorce and marriage, what should I be aware of?

Anyone have experience with this transition or have any bits of advice? 

rob

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 08:00:18 PM »

Rob,
Dan has done a nice job writing up the migration on the idI section of the forum.
Peter
danaltick

evaa-xdtb@spamex.com danaltick
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 09:54:27 PM »

Rob,

Stay tuned.  I plan to write up what I went through to do the migration soon.  Just trying to get through tax season right now.  Have my appointment tomorrow.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
danaltick

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 10:38:42 PM »

Let me just follow this up by saying that I did post a while back, with Peter's inputs, the steps I went through to migrate my archive to the new DNG 5.2 specification and get it prepped for importing into Idimager; however, once it was imported I did quite a bit more to restructure it and adapt it to its new environment.  That's when I started spending quite a bit of time at the Idimager forum.  I plan to post about all that soon, and I believe Hert will be putting that somewhere on the main Idimager site as well; so stay tuned.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 08:13:29 AM »

Dan,
Sorry about the brain fart - that stuff I read from you about the migration was at the IDI forum, not here, right?
Peter
danaltick

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 04:57:46 PM »

Peter,

Don't really remember what that was.  On this forum I posted first about the restructuring of my catalog and archive per the 2nd edition of the book.  It probably started with this post http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php?topic=4039.msg22631#msg22631.  Later I posted a comparison of Idimager and iView/EM http://thedambook.com/smf/index.php?topic=4202.0.  I probably should update that now that v5 has been released and had a number of updates.  What I have not done though is posted my migration path from iView to Idimager, how I got all my metadata imported, and how I restructured my Catalog Sets from iView into Idimager's new Label Sets among a number of other things.  Don't have allot of time to go back through everything I did, but I do have some notes and forum posts over at Idimager, so I'm going to try to throw something up there and here in the next week or two and go from there.

Dan
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:12:56 PM by danaltick » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: