Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
DNG converting after iView import and catalog?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2020, 06:42:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  iView MediaPro
| | |-+  DNG converting after iView import and catalog?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: DNG converting after iView import and catalog?  (Read 13835 times)
Joe Reifer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 01:07:10 PM »

Hi Scott -

Glad you've joined the DAM forum. My wishlist for MetaSync 2.0 would be to have the capability to sync files with the same root name in the same folder. I would import my CR2 RAW files into iView, add star ratings, labels, and metadata. Based on star ratings I would open the CR2s in Camera RAW and adjust. Then I would convert the CR2s to DNG, update the folder in iView so the DNGs show up next to the CR2s, and then sync the CR2 metadata with the new DNG files. Once the metadata has moved from the CR2 to the DNG, I would sync annotations in iView.

Many thanks,

Joe
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 01:09:24 PM by joe r » Logged

Canon digital, Mac OS 10.45, iView 3.02
dexter

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 01:22:05 PM »

Scott
       Thanks for the work put into MetaSync. I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that your efforts are appreciated. As Peter pointed out Catalog Sets would be a useful feature. The filename match got me only because I used previously converted derivative files with e.g. Master, B&W, appended to the original filename (before the extension), for testing. One can easily save derivatives without the relative tags, run MetaSync and rename.

Thanks
...Dexter
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »

I would also like the ability to sync files with the same root name, but different appendages.  Maybe you could define a string length to compare (in my case, Krogh_060325_1234 would be a string length 17 characters) and ignore everything after the defined string length.

Peter
AlanDunne

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 08:02:52 PM »

Peter,

this feature (same root, different appendages) is exactly what I have been looking for. I fully support this one!. I matches my convention for derivative naming.

Cheers ... Al
smackie

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 01:55:52 AM »

Okay, enhanced filename matching sounds like something I should add for MetaSync 2.0... Cheesy

Just to be clear here, folks want the ability to be able to match something like MyFilenameRoot_master.psd to MyFileNameRoot.dng? It's not too hard to add this but I'll try to make the match as flexible as possible. The other feature I'm adding to 2.0 is the ability to "pre-flight" the synchronization, which meshes nicely with a less exact match (i.e. I can prompt the user with the expected match to make sure it's what you expect).

I'll also take a look at copying across the set info.

MetaSync 2.0 is a pretty large rewrite. You'll be able to save existing matches to config files so that you can keep favorite or often-used sync parameters without having to re-enter them (or share them with others). If I get the chance, I'll also add finer granularity syncs (so you can synchronize only the fields you want).

Is there any interest in a catalog "diff" function? This would allow you to match items across catalogs and, rather than sync, show the differences in metadata between the two media items. I thought this might be useful for checking catalogs.

Cheers

Scott...
piratejabez

tanuki86
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 10:10:16 AM »

Go for it, Scott; sounds great.  Thanks so much for all the hard work you're doing; when should we be looking for the 2.0 release?
Cory
smackie

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 04:55:39 PM »

when should we be looking for the 2.0 release?

Cory,

I've started work on the release so I expect it should be ready in a week or two.

Scott...
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 10:08:48 PM »

Scott,
Diff sounds useful.
Peter
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: