Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
sync annotations not performing as expected
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 12:12:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  sync annotations not performing as expected
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: sync annotations not performing as expected  (Read 3398 times)
Bruce Gaber

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »

I've just spent the afternoon key wording a large batch of files, only to find that the annotations do not seem to have been imbedded in the picture files. Here is my workflow:

1) Import RAW images as DNG into LR
2) Access and key word them in XM (ver 2.02)
3) "select all" (cmd a)
4) "sync annotations" (opt cmd b)
5) save
5) open images in LR
6) "select all"
7) save (the message "importing XMP" appears)

That all being said and done, neither the keywords nor the keyword tag icon appear in LR. A quick check of the files opened in PS and queried with "find info" show no key words or any other of the metadata I thought I'd imbedded in the images files. If I can't attach the metadata with confidence to the image files, XM is much less valuable to me.

It seems that I have done this before with no problem, but then I am just getting back to a huge pile of images after some time.

Am I missing something so obvious that I should slap myself upside the head for missing it? Suggestions cheerfully received.

Many thanks

Bruce

PS--in some ways this begs the question of why I just don't do all the key wording directly in LR, but up to now I have been pretty comfortable with XM
Eric Dufresne
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:18:04 AM »

Hi,

I do not LR on my computer at work, but once synchronized with Expression Media, you have to "read metadata" in LR. Or you can import dng after the synchronization made in xmedia.

Eric
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »

Bruce,
Do you have Bridge or other browser so that you can see if the keywords are actually in the files?
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: