Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mac requirements?
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 28, 2020, 04:16:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  idImager
| | |-+  Mac requirements?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mac requirements?  (Read 5724 times)
Garth Wunsch

View Profile Email
« on: March 06, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »

So do I have this straight...?
If I use VM Ware's Fusion (or anything else), I have to buy some version of Windows (After my super-aggravating experience with MS/EM2 I am so loathe to give those #%&*& another penny, but if I HAVE to, I will. Can they not touch anything without screwing it up?) I have always ran only Mac software since I converted (salvation  Smiley ) four years ago. If I run Windows in some fashion, do I once again have to buy an anti-virus software? Will the digital money pit ever stop gobbling up my bank account?

Thanks everyone
Garth
Garth Wunsch

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »

Sorry for the second posting. Seems like the server was slow, and so was my computer.

BTW, my iMac was getting super slow (half hour to boot up). I removed a nearly empty 500gb LaCie external drive and I'm back up to turbo speed again. Had trouble with this particular drive self-ejecting some months ago... it is now history!
Garth
george

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 03:54:48 PM »

So do I have this straight...?
If I use VM Ware's Fusion (or anything else), I have to buy some version of Windows (After my super-aggravating experience with MS/EM2 I am so loathe to give those #%&*& another penny, but if I HAVE to, I will.
Yes, you have to have some version of Windows (XP, Vista, or 7)

Can they not touch anything without screwing it up?
No, they can't.  Smiley

I have always ran only Mac software since I converted (salvation  Smiley ) four years ago. If I run Windows in some fashion, do I once again have to buy an anti-virus software?
Yes, you do.

Will the digital money pit ever stop gobbling up my bank account?
No, never!

--George
Garth Wunsch

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 11:20:19 AM »

Thanks for taking the time to help me understand this George.
Garth
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: