Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
SQLite dbase problem on install
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 04:01:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  idImager
| | |-+  SQLite dbase problem on install
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SQLite dbase problem on install  (Read 5467 times)
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« on: December 16, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »

I've posted this over at IDimager's forums, but sometimes I get quicker help here ... so here goes:

I had downloaded and installed V4 5 days ago, and with today's announcement of the "release" of v5, uninstalled v4, re-booted, and downloaded v5. Now I get the following messages when I start up v5:

"Your database is being updated. This may take a while to complete...
WARNING: Please don't terminate the process while this message is shown. It may cause permanent damage to your database."

Followed IMMEDIATELY by this:

Idimagermonitor

"Unable to connect to the database.

The database reports:
SQLite Error 1 - index idx_ak_idCatalogItem12 already exists."

So ... what do I do now? I have only a small folder of 20+ images that I'd copied to a fresh spot to test bringing in LR2.6-handled DNG's to IDimgager in v4. and was planning to use this for testing v5 too.

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
havezet

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 01:12:57 AM »

Neil,

This is something that we were told about shortly after the official release. The case is that the installer allows you sto start both the application and the file monitor together but then both will start upgrading the database. We instantly fixed this by releasing a small update last night.

In your case, this is no corruption problem. Simply wait for the database upgrade from either the File Monitor or the application to finish and then reboot your computer.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Does that help?

Hert

Author of IDimager
http://www.idimager.com
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 11:11:48 PM »

Thanks, Hert,

It would have, but one of your moderators, Dirk, suggested as I had such a small start-up dB that I go to the Users/etc location and delete it ... and that fixed it, it then started and did it's "thang" right and I was off and running. Such a capable program, it's a bit daunting to get started in! Thanks a bunch!

We've had iView over at the studio for a couple years, but it is so behind-the-times and as we've got no Mac's in sight or site, I decided to try IDimager out. We ingest with ImageIngesterII, process and initial sort/meta work in Lightroom, and will be switching the main cataloging work to your IDimager.

Again, thanks for your help and your program!

Neil

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: