The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 11:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28018 Posts in 5138 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Comments about the book
| | |-+  really great book !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: really great book !  (Read 4816 times)
chris shain

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2009, 05:05:40 AM »

V2 is a cracker ! thanks - great work

not sure if this is the place but I'm pretty sure there's a typo page 226, 2nd par (........... shown in figure 5-33 later in this chapter) I assume should be figure 6-33 ?
I've got one HD of early dcr's with 20% of the files that look like this ! (do have other copies that are intact)
ATB Chris

peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 04:48:33 PM »

Chris,
Thanks for the note - and, thanks for the proofreading.  I hope to get back down under before too long.
Peter
R. Neil Haugen

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:37:51 PM »

Thanks, Peter ... the delivery was quick and it's kinda fun to have your penwork on the inside cover too.

I think you "undersell" this book. Having spent a lot of very profitable time in the first edition, this is like going from Ansel Adams' first edition of his three-book series to the second edition: better writing, better layout, more appropriate and useful information, and better editing. Please understand, the first edition is a very fine book but the second is VASTLY improved!

The topics covered, the WAY they are covered, the side notes, everything is so cleanly planned out, densely packed for information, and easy to digest. Now, if only most photoshop or sharpening books were planned, written, layed-out, and edited this well!

R. Neil Haugen

R Neil Haugen
MyPhotoMentor.com
rNeilPhotog.com
Haugensgalleri.com
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 06:06:47 AM »

Neil,
Thanks for noticing. I could have chosen to do a normal second edition, but I know that I could make big improvements on nearly every section, even when the underlying recommendations had changed.  Having traveled the world explaining the material in more than 100 different seminars, workshops and presentations, I got a better idea how to communicate the information.
Peter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: