Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Scripts: Show Package Contents
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 06, 2020, 09:02:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Scripts: Show Package Contents
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Scripts: Show Package Contents  (Read 9647 times)
charlesBOEHM

View Profile Email
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:11:20 AM »

I am getting frustrated with EM2. As previously mentioned in this forum on October 30th I have no Scripts in my copy of EM2 SP2 v2.0.2 and running Tiger. I have found a scripts folder (Ctrl Clk EM2 App Icon>Show Package Contents) but don't know if this is what I'm looking for. Will moving this script folder to the EM2 scripts folder place the word 'Scripts' in my EM2 menu bar and list available scripts there? I would like a working copy of EM2 and if not I'll need a refund; and getting a refund from Microsoft will be an impossible task to be sure!

Sorry to listers, but my frustration is glowing.

Charles
Louie Sherwin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 12:04:06 PM »

Hi Charles,

The default installed scripts should be available on the menu bar under the Apple script icon ( funny vertical scroll ) just to the right of the "Help" menu.

-louie

MacOS 10.5 Intel, Photoshop CS5, EM2.0.2 , IIP 3.2, LR3
charlesBOEHM

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 12:21:14 PM »

No, no. There are no EM2 related scripts there. I am missing the word 'Scripts' in the menu bar of my Expression Media 2. Supposed to be located between the Help and Window menu items.

Charles
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 12:35:14 PM »

Charles

Not near my Mac right now, but isn't there a funny S character to the right of the menu items?

John
charlesBOEHM

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »

Yes there is a scripts icon to the right of Help and the scripts therein are system scripts (Finder, Folder, Font, Address Book, Mail Scripts, Printing Scripts, etc.), but there are no scripts related to EM 2 and there shouldn't be; not there anyway. An Expression Media 2 application has the word Scripts placed between Window and Help on the EM2 application menu bar and those scripts would be application specific.

Charles Boehm
Louie Sherwin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 02:47:44 PM »

Charles,

There should also be an Apple Script icon on the menu bar for EM2. I attaching a screen shot that shows how it looks on my system. If you are not seeing this then you might try to reinstall EM2.

-louie

charlesBOEHM

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 03:49:15 PM »

I do not have that script icon. I believe it should have the word Scripts between Window and Help; not the icon. I too did a screen capture, but could figure how to insert it in this reply as you did.

Charles
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 12:01:28 AM »

Charles  - see this thread

John
charlesBOEHM

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 05:49:02 AM »

Understood. Now I know what [img][img] means.

Thanks John

charlesBOEHM

P.S.
Someone from Microsoft was suppose to call me yesterday to respond to my queries about the missing word Scripts in the menu bar. I'm sure he'll call when I'm not home.
charlesBOEHM

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 04:28:14 PM »

Well, the answer to my question directly from Microsoft is this. Nothing can be done for this problem unless I sign in as a different user. Signing in as a different user (a second account) and launching EM2 I find the scripts icon in its proper place. I"ve tried to trash preferences and restart but that does not help.

Bottom line it does not work in home user, but will work with a different account. Something is awry with my home user account and I don't know what.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't find an EM2 uninstall program either.

Charles
Louie Sherwin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 07:10:34 PM »

Charles,

Here are some places to look in your user's Library folder. (I am using the Unix convention of separating the folder names with forward slash '/'.

Library/Application Support/Expression Media 2/Plug-ins/Scripts

See if there is anything in the Scripts folder and if so remove it. That could be causing the problem.

There appear to be 2 preference files  in Library/Preferences folder.

Expression Media 2 Settings
    and
    com.microsoft.expressionmedia2.plist

If you remove the two preference files and the "Expression Media 2" folder and restart EM2 that should give you a clean slate. Or remove these files and the application and reinstall.

Be sure to empty the trash each time because MacOS sometimes is too helpfu and follows files into the trash.

good luck.

-louie

charlesBOEHM

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 04:13:48 AM »

In the newly created user account in which EM2 shows the script icon there is a scripts folder in the plugins but it seems to be empty. Second, In the faulty account, I have ten folders in the plugins folder one of which is labeled Email Helper scripts. Finally, there are three EM prefs; Import log, Settings, and a plist file. I have deleted these previously, but not in the precise manner you indicate; I will do what you suggest, but not today...going to be a busy one for me. I will write tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for that response Louie,

Best,
Charles
charlesBOEHM

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 03:20:49 AM »

Louie and Interested Readers,

I continue to work on this scripts problem in EM2. I can not get an 'empty' Scripts folder to show up in the EM2 Application Support>Plugins folder. I have now trashed EM2 preferences, the EM2 application, and any other EM2 files I could find on myuser account. I am writing to you because when I attempt to reinstall EM2 from the disk I read a dialog "You can not continue. There is nothing to install" and I can not continue with an installation. Now there is no way for me to have a clean installation and I'm left with no DVD disk to install from!! I have EM2 on a backup drive, but if I copy the backup to my internal drive I'll begin with another faulty EM2!!. The only copy that does work is the copy on the 2nd user account I created. I'm reluctant to use that second account; I don't intend to switch from one account to another to do my work!

How am I to install Em2 using my EM2 installation disk?

Will this ever end?

Regards,
Charles
Louie Sherwin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 11:24:53 AM »

Charles,

Sorry for all the trouble you are having. I have had similar problems and know how frustrating it can be. Here are a couple of things to try.

In the  "faulty account", quit EM2 then in finder go into the Library/Application Support/Expression Media 2/Plug-ins folder make a new "Scripts" folder and start EM2.

If that doesn't work exit EM2 Trash the "Plug-ins" folder (empty trash) and restart EM2. I think that one of those should probably fix the problem.

You can download the latest version of EM2 SP2 from MS and install from that instead of the CD version. The license key that you got with the cd should work.

http://expression.microsoft.com/en-us/cc507117.aspx

If you don see the following when you select "About Expression Media 2":

Microsoft Expression Media 2 Service Pack 2
Version 2.0.2(2092)

Then you should install this version anyway.

-louie

charlesBOEHM

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 09:07:09 AM »

Since I had no EM2 application and I could not install from my disk, I downloaded the latest trial version (2.0.2 Build 2096) and installed it ( the app did not ask me for my license code??). Launching that new EM2 I see no scripts icon.

There is no scripts folder in the plugins folder so I created a new folder and renamed it scripts. Launched EM2 and there is no Scripts icon. I then reopened ~Lib/ApplSupport/EM2/Plugins and trashed the plugins folder and emptied the trash. Restarting EM2 there is no Scripts icon and the newly created plugins folder still does not have a scripts folder there.

By the way the second user created account does have the scripts icon in the menu bar and does have an 'empty' scripts folder in the plugins folder.

Charles
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: