Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Changing file extension to lower case
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 03:17:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  ImageIngester and ImageVerifier
| | |-+  Changing file extension to lower case
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Changing file extension to lower case  (Read 12716 times)
Valeria Lages

View Profile Email
« on: May 22, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »

Hi,

How can I choose lower case to be default in the file extension of the images downloaded from the cards through II? Files are coming with capital case in the file extension, but I do need them in lower case...

thanks,

Valeria

Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 06:27:46 AM »

Sorry, there's no option for changing the case, Valeria.

It might help if you described what app or process needs them in lower case.

--Marc

Valeria Lages

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:42:14 AM »

Marc,

Thank you for answer. Here is my problem: I have bin executables made in Linux to use during some steps of my workflow in order to burn automatically in DVD when I  export thought LR , for instance, my renamed files to an "original" folder, my developed files to a "master" folder and my resized files to a "derivatives" folder. So, besides having my image bank in a  three-HDs RAID and a daily automatic backup, I have also an automatic step-by-step burning DVD system during my workflow, in order to have a DVD backup of my original (raw and dng), master (dng and psd) and derivative (tif and jpg) files.  And all these bin programs were made thinking in a lower case extension that is how LR names exported files.

LR exports all files (dng, jpg, tif, psd) with lower case in file extension. But when I have to choose "export as original" (in order to export my direct-from-camera files to my "original_raw folder"), LR exports with capital case because it is how II has named the ingested files. As my automatic bin executables to burn DVD were programmed all with single lower case in file name, the capital case of II become a problem to me. So, I'd like to know if is there any way to change file extension to lower case in II when renaming files to ingestion. Is it possible to do that thought any macro, plug-in or something else? Otherwise, I will need to have my bin executables reprogrammed.

I hope you can help me anyway...

Valeria
Marc Rochkind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:37:27 AM »

Valeria--

As I said, II can't do this.

But, out of curiosity, on what OS are you running these Linux executables?

OS X allows you to create a file system with case-sensitive names, although that's not the default. Is this what you have?

Anyway, I think modifying these executable is what may be the immediate solution.

--Marc

Valeria Lages

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »

Marc,

I'm running Linux on my image bank server which is connected trough an internal net to my computer, that runs OS X.

Other solution could be change LR exported images file extension, but I  think it is not possible either.  I've tried to change "export as original" file extension to lower case, but it didn't work. Original files are exported by LR exactly with the same file extension, I mean with capital case also, as II has ingested files from card.

So, I will need to have Linux executables reprogrammed...

Thanks anyway,

Valeria
DouglasUrner
Photographer / Digital Tech / Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 10:57:06 PM »

If some part of your workflow runs through the Mac you could use Automator and folder actions to change the extensions to lower case. That's how I've been doing it.

Doug
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: