The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 09:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28016 Posts in 5137 Topics by 2910 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  DAM Useful Stuff
| |-+  DAMuseful Software
| | |-+  Backing up the Working Folder- Which tool and technique from what I own
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Backing up the Working Folder- Which tool and technique from what I own  (Read 3616 times)
ronandownes

View Profile Email
« on: September 25, 2009, 05:11:08 PM »

I have Acronis true image, Vice Versa and beyond Compare

My main questios is must acronis make a tib file and is tht desirale for BAckup.

I assume to reduceload we want any sw we use to find the changes in the source adn only move them to the backup.

I have a feeling this cn only be done in un compressed un propreitary plain old folders liek ViceVersa can do?

How would you use what I have to great a backup of your working folder- I assume it too has thre or more copies....

Ronan
peterkrogh
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 06:25:29 PM »

Ronan,
Yes, I'm in favor of an uncompressed backup.
Peter
danaltick

evaa-xdtb@spamex.com danaltick
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »

Ronan,

SyncBack is the tool Peter recommends for backing up your working files folder under Windows.  There is an option to validate the backups.  You can download the free version here http://download.cnet.com/SyncBack-Freeware/3000-2242_4-10413802.html.

Dan

WindowsXP, ImageIngester Pro, RapidFixer, IVMP 3, ACR4, Photoshop CS4, Controlled Keyword Catalog, Canon EOS50D
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: