Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
LR2 & GPS
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2021, 03:49:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2903 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  GPS/ Geotagging
| | |-+  LR2 & GPS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LR2 & GPS  (Read 11426 times)
rosemanbridge

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2009, 05:06:01 AM »

My copy of LR2 doesn't show the GPS co-ordinates as shown on page 119 of Peter's book, can anyone tell me how to get it to show up please?

I use a Canon 1dsMk3 and I don't think there is currently a hot shoe mount. I know it's a long winded way of doing things but I was going to get the GPS co-ordinates for a set of photos from Google Maps & enter them manually in LR2.

Thanks, Chris.
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:43:36 AM »

It should happen if there is GPS data in the file, and if you are in the EXIF view of the Metadata panel.

However, you can't enter the values in LR. You'll need something like HoudahGeo for Mac or Geosetter for PC, both of which let you add the GPS EXIF by dragging and dropping files to Google Maps.

John
rosemanbridge

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 02:30:45 AM »

Ok, I'm using HoudahGeo for Mac & it's loading the GPS into the Metadata. It's defaulting to Google Maps when I click the link, can I set Google Earth as default?
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 02:34:28 AM »

I'm assuming the "it" in "It's defaulting to Google Maps" means Lightroom, but not as far as I know. It goes to Google Maps when you click the arrow, and to Yahoo Maps if you Alt/Opt click it. Jeffrey Friedl's GPS plug-in does use Google Earth.

John
giuseppetrizzino

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 03:19:43 AM »

Hi,

I have a little problem too with LR and geotags.
I retrieved the GPS data (lat., long., alt.) and manually inserted it in the EXIF of my RAW file using GPSPhotoLinker. The problem is that when I look at my metadata with LR the new GPS data would not appear but it does appear when I check my metadata with AdobeBridge.
I've tried syncmetadata on LR with no result, do you have any idea on how to make my GPS data appear on LR?

Thanks!
johnbeardy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 05:55:20 AM »

Giuseppe

Have you tried Metadata > Read Metadata?

As a test, create a new catalogue and import a GPS-tagged image into that.

John
giuseppetrizzino

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »

It did work!!! Thank you!
I still have to learn a lot...  :Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: