Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/60/9972860/html/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Annotations not importing with tifs and psds
The DAM Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 01:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
28033 Posts in 5147 Topics by 2904 Members
Latest Member: kbroch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The DAM Forum
|-+  Software Discussions
| |-+  Media Pro & Expression Media
| | |-+  Annotations not importing with tifs and psds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Annotations not importing with tifs and psds  (Read 3383 times)
jljonathan

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:53:23 AM »

When importing tifs into EM2, Date, Keywords, Copyright, Place come into the catalog. Event, People do not.
If I import a psd of the same file, it comes in with Event, but not People.
Is there anyway to solve this and get all the fields to import so that I don't have to manually add them in EM2?
Thanks
Jonathan
jljonathan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 12:22:04 PM »

Anita Oakley:
I tested using Bridge CS4, and can reproduce the issue that you see. The problem may be ours, but might be Adobe's. We didn't write the info panel flash add-in, and I don't know where the add-in writes the event and people data. If they write it to a different location that we don't read, it makes sense that the event and people would not show up in Expression Media. The keywords and other annotations that we do import are core IPTC fields, and everyone should write to the same location for those.
On the other hand, the add-in definitely reads the location where Expression Media writes the event and people fields.
I've contacted someone who might be able to put me in touch with the guy who wrote the flash info panel, and I hope to be able to ask him.
Where did you get the info panel you have? Did you get the one from Apple's site, or the one John Beardsworth posted on his site for download?

Jonathan:
Anita,
I was not using Beardsworth's panel. It was the panel by Massimo Novi posted on Adobe Exchange. (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=en_us&extid=1701061)
I switched to Beardsworth's panel (http://www.beardsworth.co.uk/iview.php?group=bridge)
and after some testing, I came up with some strange results that may shed some light on this effect. It seems that the People annotation is separate and distinct from the others, including the Event.
Now, after installing Beardsworth's panel, you can write an Event into the Bridge metadata panel which does show up in the File Info Expression Media panel and also comes into EM2.
When you try writing People in the Bridge metadata panel, it does not show either in File Info or EM2.
If you write both in EM2 and sync back, they both show in Bridge and File Info correctly. But, if you clear all  in EM2 and sync back, when you go back to Bridge you will have the sme problem with People.
Lastly, if you start out by writing both Event and People into the Bridge File Info panel, all is correctly entered in Bridge metadata panel and comes into EM2. But, this is not stable behavior, because if you delete both in File Info and then enter both again in Bridge metadata panel, they now randomly BOTH appear in the File Info panel. Which was the starting problem.
By the way, Beardsworth's panel seems to have cured the tif and psd problem. If Event and People are entered in Bridge File Info and appear in the metadata panel, they both now come into EM2 with both tif and psd.
Pretty funny, huh? What does it all mean?
Jonathan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: